[ixp1200] Problem running IXP1200 VERA apps

zuki at CS.Princeton.EDU zuki at CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri Sep 27 08:47:58 EDT 2002

Quoting Magesh Kannan <magesh at ittc.ku.edu>:

> When I invoke 'sgo ipmm.srec', the output on the board's serial port stops
> abruptly. Here is the output.
>
> Calling my_main()
> Starting uEngines and control program.
>
> --- Control_SystemStart
> --- Contr
> ==========================
>
> This happens irrespective of if I build the microcode with or without
> VRP. The LED displays 0x25. The same happens with the application
> PktGen. What have I done wrong here?

I don't think that you have done anything wrong.  Everything sounds like it's
starting up fine until it stops. (The 0x25 in the LEDS is normal, if I remember
correctly.)  This sounds like the program exiting early, either because of an
error (like a segmentation fault), or something else.  How is the board
crashing?  Is it just stopping, or is it resetting?

How about putting a line like

while (getc() != '\n');

to find out where in the program the board is crashing.

Zuki

(PS, I'm out of the office today, but I'll try to keep responding.)