[ixp1200] l3fwdr

Kameswara Avasarala venkata at acad.umass.edu
Fri Apr 4 15:38:25 EST 2003

Hi Abijjet,
 Here it goes.
The host is a PC running RedHat 7.2 . The ENP-2505 card is in one of the
PCI slots of the PC.
The OS on the ENP-2505 is linux.
There is no Window NT machine. We are using the .uof file that come
precompiled along with the SDK CD.
When the script ixstart is run, no errors are reported.
The ports 0 and 1 are attached to microengine 5 ( found this out after
adding trace statements in resource manager files).
When I do a lsmod the stackAce is shown as initializing.

By "PC is hanging" I mean that I am unable to do any activity. The mouse
pointer disappears, keyboard freezes etc.
I think this is because of the FULL_DUPLEX option in port configuration
in the octmac.c file. I changed it to HALF_DUPLEX and I no longer see
the problem.

When I do a ping I get the trace message
"Ring to microengine full" after sometime.  I am guessing that the
microcode that de-queues messages from the ring is not running or not
loaded on the micro engine.
I hope I have  given enough info.
Thanks,
Kamesh.