[ixp1200] l3fwdr

Abhijeet Joglekar abhijeet at cs.utah.edu
Fri Apr 4 14:43:50 EST 2003

Kamesh,

Sorry, couldnt get back earlier.

In general, it is very difficult to figure out remotely what
the problem with your set up could be. For example, it could
be a simple misconfiguration in your startup files or something
as crazy as a bad ethernet port on the card or the PC (although
it is unlikely).

Can you describe in more detail your complete hardware and software
setup? What is the output on your console when you fire up your ixstart
script? Do all ACES start up properly? Is anything printed on the
IXP console when you ping or connect the port to the PC? Try turning
on debugging in ingress/egress ACEs to see if they report any
activity on the connected port. (Makefile has debug defines)

What do you mean below by "PC hangs when I connect" ?

Basically, explain in detail, maybe somebody on this
list can help.

-- abhijeet