[ixp1200] l3fwdr

Botham, Mick mick.botham at intel.com
Sun Apr 6 06:42:33 EDT 2003

Kamesh,

I'm not sure if this applies to the ENP-2305, but it did affect the
IXP1200EB.

Some PHY devices default 10MB mode is also loop-back mode, so on a 10MB
connection, as soon as a packet is sent by the IXP1200 it gets looped back
to the IXP1200, and so the process goes on, the result is a packet flood.
The fix was either to connect to a 100MB device so the PHY would
auto-negotiate to 100MB, or to program the PHY so that in 10MB mode it
wasn't set to loopback.

Rgds

Mick

Hi,
      Ping was not running. In fact the PC kind of hangs ie mouse
pointer disappears etc when I connnect. I am able to see the output only
after I disconnect.
Configuration:
Ethernet port 1 of  ENP-2505 is connected back-to-back to the eth1 of
the host PC ( PC in which the card is plugged in)  through a crossover
cable.
The IP address of the IXP port is 192.168.1.150 and the IP address of
the PC port is 192.168.1.3 .

Also is there any option is the ixsys.config file through which I can
specify the rate ?
Thanks,
Kamesh.