[ixp1200] Re:ENP 2505 Installation

Banit Agrawal bagrawal at cs.ucr.edu
Thu Dec 4 20:42:28 EST 2003

Hello Darshan,

I had similar problems when I was staring my work on IXP1200 network
processor. I also installed Red Hat Linux 9. But I found that
for Red hat Linux 9, we may require some tweakings on device drivers.

If you have Intel education CD, then you can get stared by first
installing red hat linux 7.2. I have tried Red Hat Linux 7.2 and
it has worked for me.

Hope it helps.

Best of luck
Banit

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Darshan Uka wrote:

> Hi,
> I am a novice in the area of network processors. Currently, i am installing
> the ENP 2505 IXP 1200 Network Processor board on a Linux Release 9 with
> Windows Emulator [Wine]on it. I have the minicom configured to Baud
> Rate-38400 Data Bits- 8 Stop Bits-1 Parity-None and no hardware  and
> software flow control. I have the DIP 1301 switch on the ENP 2505 network
> processor board set to boot the Boot Manager.
> 1.When i boot the system i still don't get the BootMgr prompt in the
> minicom?
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks,
>
> -Darshan

> Wonder if the latest virus has gotten to your computer? Find out. Run the
> FREE McAfee online computer scan!

-
Banit Agrawal                         Graduate Student Researcher
Department of Computer Science                     (909)-787-2001
UC, Riverside                                 bagrawal at cs.ucr.edu
CA, 92521                         http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~bagrawal