[ixp1200] peth driver question, need help

huangtao huangtao at huawei.com
Mon Feb 17 23:31:44 EST 2003

I have always start the microengine,   I can ping to another ip address, but if the speed is a litter high, peth will drop
some packet. this error is occured below:

in the peth_start_xmit function of source file peth.c
    /* Get a new descriptor where we can write the packet data */
    sram_pop(freelist, &descriptor);
    descriptor = PETH_DESC_CORETOUENG(descriptor);     ------> this descriptor is 0
    PETH_DESC_POSTPOP(descriptor);

    /* Sanity check */
    if (!PETH_VALID_DESCRIPTOR(descriptor)) {
      logMsg("Bad descriptor %x, dropping outgoing packet\n", descriptor);    -----> so have a error message
      pethFreeDescriptor(freelist, descriptor);
      goto errorAndCleanTXD;                      ---->xmit packet is droped
    }

who can help me pls.

Best Regard