[ixp1200] peth driver question, need help

Abhijeet Joglekar abhijeet at cs.utah.edu
Mon Feb 17 23:49:05 EST 2003

Warning: I havent used PETH so I might be totally off on this, but
I am taking a guess.

*********
Looks like you are generating packets faster than the rate at which
xmt code sends them out and returns the descriptor to the SRAM push/pop
queue. What is the number of buffers in your freelist? It is around 50
packets/slots for usual ethernet devices. You dont probably want it bigger
than that because it can cause long queuing delays for low bandwidth
links.

What rate are you generating packets at?
*********

-- abhijeet