[ixp1200] [VERA] LibixpRouter

Bonelli Nicola bonelli at netserv.iet.unipi.it
Fri Feb 28 07:14:11 EST 2003

Hi Zuki,

	After several debugging test and as you told me yesterday, I came
to the conclusion that the ixp1200eb hangs within the Control_SystemStart().
	Anyway it's still hard to tell where the bug is
hiding since, even with the help of led(), we have experienced different
behaviors according to different kernel used.

    It seems that troubles come within this chunk of code:

Control_SystemStart()
{

	    // Initialize and Start interrupts
	        Int_Init(printPortData, NULL, ueInterruptHandler);

		led(0xC1);
		Int_addSlowHandler(timerCallbackFn);
		led(0xC2);
		control_init_ui();                  // Initialize the user
interface
		led(0xC3);
		Int_addFastHandler(UI_checkUART);
		led(0x25);

	   // Set the VRP to SA forwarding rate, used only for a test

		scratchWrite32(VRP_TO_SA_RATE_ADDR, 0);
	        led(0xC4);
		Fmt_print("--- Control_SystemStart done\n\n");
		led(0xC5);

     	In some cases, once the sa hanged, the led shows the 0xC4 step, in
others, with different kernels, it hangs at 0xC2 step. In both cases
it seems that the board is not able to complete the Fmt_print() call, and
the last printed message is always truncated at 10th char sent to the
serial port.

	Have you got any idea of how to get ride of this matter?

	Any suggestions are appreciated.

	Thanks,

	Bonelli Nicola <bonelli at netserv.iet.unipi.it>