[ixp1200] How to generate asm code from SDK

Heaton, Eric D eric.d.heaton at intel.com
Sat Jan 18 00:21:33 EST 2003

Yan,

This warning should have no effect on the production of an .asm file.  Of
course, if you had errors in your build, that is a different story.

Check your build directory for a file named <c_file_with_main_in_it>.asm if
you didn't specify a specific name with the -Fa switch.

But note that you can look at the assembly code generated from a Microengine
C file easily without using the -Fa switch.  When using the Workbench
(v2.01) in debug mode, choosing a thread to view will, by default, display
the source code for the thread.  However, there is a toggle switch on that
window (it has a yellow and green page icon circularly pointing to each
other) that will display the .list file containing the assembly for the
source code line your cursor is currently on.  Check it out!

           --eric h.