[ixp1200] l3fwdr

Andrew Putra Jauri jauri at cs.pdx.edu
Mon Jan 20 20:58:09 EST 2003

Hi,

I've tried to setup the ixp1200 card to do l3fwdr by using
the example config file ixsys.config-sys-l3fwdr. I also
modified the file since the card has only 4 10/100 ports.
I modified route.config-sys-l3fwdr file to add a default gw.
Everything was loaded fine when I run ixstart, however I
wasn't able to ping other hosts in the same subnet and the
other way around. I also tried to add the arp table entry
manually but it still didn't work. Could someone help me?
I'll be glad to provide you the config files if that helps.

regards,

Andrew Putra Jauri
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Portland State University