[ixp1200] Help with sdram_read_ind function

Deepa Srinivasan deepas at cse.ogi.edu
Wed Jan 22 04:56:06 EST 2003

Hello,

I have an array of pointers in SDRAM (arrayPtrs) that point to other SDRAM
locations which contain the actual data. I am trying to read this data using
the sdram_read_ind function as follows:

//Declared globally
__declspec(sdram) data_t*  arrayPtrs[DIMS];

read_data()
{
 sdram_read_write_ind_t ind1;
  __declspec(sdram_read_reg) data_t *temp;
  ind1.ctx = 0;
  ind1.ov_ctx = 0;
  ind1.reserved = 0;
  ind1.byte_mask = 0;
  ind1.ov_byte_mask = 0;
  ind1.ref_count = 1;
  ind1.ov_ref_count = 0;
  ind1.xadd = 0;
  ind1.abs = 0;
  ind1.ov_xadd = 0;
  ind1.ueng_addr = 0;
  ind1.ov_ueng_addr = 0;

  sdram_read_ind( temp,
      arrayPtrs[0],
      1,
      ind1,
      queue_default,
      sig_done);
  ctx_wait(sdram);
}

With this code, I get the following compiler error: (for the line of code
that contains: "ind1,")
error :  intrinsic data buffer must be a local variable passed by direct
reference
error :  intrinsic data buffer must be a non-shared variable passed by
direct reference

What am I missing here?

Thanks for any help.

~Deepa