[ixp1200] l3fwdr

Abhijeet Joglekar abhijeet at cs.utah.edu
Wed Jan 29 04:41:41 EST 2003

Andrew,

Is your l3fwdr application set up okay by now?

The ixconfig program, l3config and stackconfig all use the ixsys.config
file (or ixsys.config-sys.l3fwdr), as long as you pass the correct file to
all programs, it should work fine. The possible places to check are

1) what you pass to ixstart as an argument
2) in your ixsys file, the two "sh" commands which invoke stackconfig and
   l3config apps.

Have you tried running the Count application? If not, you could try that
first, if that works, you know that the rest of your setup (end-nodes) and
switches are setup correctly and packets are coming into the IXP.

If packets are indeed coming into the IXP, then try enabling debugging
in ingress ACE to see whats happening with the packet when it comes in.

Also, try with mode=0 (no workbench) in the config file.

-- abhijeet