[ixp1200] forwarding packet to host kernel

Scott Karlin scott at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Jan 29 09:20:18 EST 2003

The PCI bus transfers in our SOSP paper were from the IXP1200
evaluation board (no non-transparent bridge) to the Pentium.
The StrongARM was not running Linux; however, the Pentium was
running Linux.

For my thesis I did make measurements using a PowerPC based
line card (RAMiX PMC694) which has a 21554 non-transparent
bridge.  The is the 32-bit version of the bridge on the
Bridalveil board.  If the Bridalveil board were installed in
a 32-bit PCI system, I would expect the behavior of the
bridges to be similar.  The PMC694 code (with 21554 code) and
links to papers are here: http://www.cs.princeton.edu/nsg/vera/

Scott