[ixp] [ixp1200] forwarding packet to host kernel

Ivan Ganev ganev at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jan 29 09:49:31 EST 2003

Andrew,

Georgia Tech has a paper with the answer to your question coming up in the
SAN-2 workshop (held jointly with HPCA 2003):

	"Intel IXP1200-based Network Processor"

it has a lot of details on the limits of passing packets up and down
between an IXP1200 (the Radisys ENP-2505) and a PC it's put into.

--Ivan

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Andrew Putra Jauri wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has looked into passing the
> packet from ixp board from and to the host linux kernel through
> the pci bridge? I know it seems ridiculous since that
> will waste all the resources we have in the ixp board,
> anyway I'm just curious.
>

> Andrew Putra Jauri
> College of Engineering and Computer Science
> Portland State University

        Ivan Ganev                           327236 Georgia Tech Station
   College of Computing                           Atlanta,  GA 30332
Georgia Institute of Technology                    1-(770)-321-4733
    ganev at cc.gatech.edu                     http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~ganev