[ixp1200] Problems starting the sample count ace

Øyvind Hvamstad oyvindh at ifi.uio.no
Fri Jul 11 08:33:06 EDT 2003

Hi, I'll try sending this again. I'm totally stuck here, could anyone
tell me what the causes this error when running the sample count
application (tutorial1)? The same occurs when running the l3forward!

(From the serial console)
rmdrvr: Setting up 64 bit bidirectional mode
ingressAce: memory violation at pc=0x02027ce8, lr=0x400a6af8 (bad
address=0x000)

(When running ixstart)
ixconfig: Starting microace ifaceInput
ifaceInput: IX-ACE Initialization Failed
Wed Dec 31 20:01:32 1969
ingress_ace.cpp, line 161: init : Couldn't open device /dev/if0.