[ixp1200] Problems starting the sample count ace

Abhijeet Joglekar abhijeet at cs.utah.edu
Fri Jul 11 21:06:16 EDT 2003

I am guessing that you have a board with 4 100 Mb interfaces, but you
are using a kernel compiled for a board with 2 gig interfaces. (see
previous mail, that could explain why you get invalid port number when
you try to start port 2).

Now for the error below in which you try only 1 port....

It seems like, when the octmac driver is started, it gets
the board config from the kernel and thinks that there are no
octmac devices configured on the IXbus.

Now if /dev/if0 is pointing to the octmac driver entry, then when
your ingress ace tries to open the device, the octmac driver
returns an error since it believes that there are no octmac devices
on the board. That could explain the error below.

If you are using the ENP-2505 board (4 100 Mb interfaces), your
src/linux/.config file should have

# CONFIG_IXP_EVAL_BOARD is not set
# CONFIG_SPECTACLE_ISLAND is not set
CONFIG_BRIDALVEIL=y

Try checking what is the board type set in your kernel.

-- abhijeet