[ixp1200] Problems starting the sample count ace

Yannis Haritakis haritak at ics.forth.gr
Sat Jul 12 08:35:48 EDT 2003

I had a similar problem not long time ago,
I think this is a good time to repost it :-)

I am trying to recompile the linux kernel
for the IXP12EB board, however after tftp-ing
the new kernel using cygmon, it just hangs.

In the menuconfig I choose EVAL_BOARD
as well as not in host mode and in general
I played a bit with the parameters but without any luck.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

I used the cygwin based armtool provided with the SDK 2.01a.
(linux kernel sources under /linux in cygwin)

Compiled it for bigendian strongarm.

yannis