[ixp1200] can anybody make it logic??

rodrigo ruiz rodia33 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 17:08:38 EDT 2003

Hi..

we´ve been working about four months with the
enp-2505. We followed the ixa education workstation
step by step, after we corrected some poblems,
everything worked just fine, except that the card
didn`t give response through the serial interface.
We think we might detect some hardware problems. We
changed the video card (nvidia gforce, agp),for a pci
one. The leds start changeing in the booting. Then we
completed the instalation according to the guide and
the enp-2505 got alive. We got running win 2000 in the
virtual machine, Linux 7.2 and the linux in the
enp-2505.
So far so good.
The problem now is that we gotta install the card in
some clones, identical machines, and what we get is
either linux 7.2 just stop working, or the card sends
some lines printing the registers...
We changed te hard drive (the one that was working),
and didn`t work in the new pc, but the hard drive from
the new, worked on the old pc.
We are using three computers (exactly the same), and
the same hard drive and the same enp2505 only works in
one of the computers. We already checked jumpers and
bios. They seems to be just the same.
In could get into cygmon terminal in some of the pc,
with the same hardrive, but the .bootixp doesn`t work
on it, only in the only pc it worked.

Does anybody knows what is happening or at least has
some idea of it ???.

thanks
Rodrigo