[ixp1200] number of rings

Shyamal Pandya shyamalpandya at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 27 04:32:25 EDT 2003

The resource managerand ixconfig  code are the place to look for how the
rings are alllocated. I believe the maximum is 32 rings for each queue
group.
For the simple count application only two of the microengines are used, one
fr egress and one for egress. I don't remember the ring assignments but the
code and the comments in the resource manager should be of good help here.
Of course there is one ring per port from which the egress microblock reads
packets.

--
Shyamal Pandya

Arizona State University