[ixp1200] number of rings

Najati Imam najati at netlab.uky.edu
Mon Jul 28 11:49:48 EDT 2003

Good deal, the one bit of information I was missing was where the core-me
rings were. Right now I'm not actually playing the ACE game, I've just
been abusing the Simple Count Application. The only thing I needed from
the system is ingress and egress and a way to get packets to my own
microengines. I use the ingress ACE's ix_init to load my microcode images
and patch their variables manually and use rings 8-23 to get packets to
them. I was just hoping I wasn't mucking with anything, but now I'm pretty
confident in my hack. Anyways, thanks for the info.

Najati