[ixp1200] autonegotiation mode in ixp1200

Yannis Haritakis haritak at ics.forth.gr
Fri Jun 13 02:46:19 EDT 2003

Hello Adrew,

  The IXF1002 Datasheet contains all the information you want.
  I've been reading it quite thoroughly lately. :-)

  Autonegotiation is turned on and off by setting/diasserting
  a special bit of the MII_CTL register.

  To advertise different values than the default change the AN_ADV
  registers.

  Access to these registers is through ioctl commands.
  (
   Look into the giga_drv.o source code located under:
   /opt/ixasdk/src/microace/aces/interface_ace/source/driver/gigadrv/
   You will find the GET_MII_CTL and SET_MII_CTL ioctl commands.
  )

  I have written already a dummy tool to help configure IXF1002
  and IXF440 using such ioctls. It's simple so if you want it
  just let me know.

Best regards,
Yannis Haritakis,
www.ics.forth.gr