[ixp1200] ld DWARF error

Cyrus Hall hallcp at cs.colorado.edu
Fri Jun 13 14:31:08 EDT 2003

I've been moving some C++ code over to the ARM lately and have run into
the following error upon linking a particular program with a library I
have also ported over:

collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped
/usr/local/armbe/armv4b-unknown-linux/bin/ld: Dwarf Error: Could not
find abbrev number 66.
/usr/local/armbe/armv4b-unknown-linux/bin/ld: Dwarf Error: Invalid or
unhandled FORM value: 14.

I used the same procedure to compile and link this particular library as
several others I've ported over, and the others work just fine and
dandy.  If I comment out the library calls in the trouble program, every
thing compiles fine.  I am staticly linking.

Goolge makes this appear as a binutils issue.  Needless to say, this is
rather disheartening, as I don't relish the idea of having to figure out
how to upgrade the dev environment.  I have read over David Mantre's
toolchain howto from some time ago, and that's where I go next unless
someone has a save.  Anyone one else seen and delt with this issue?

Thanks,
Cyrus