[ixp1200] The microACE "tutorial"

Øyvind Hvamstad oyvindh at ifi.uio.no
Fri Jun 20 12:14:36 EDT 2003

Hi, I'm trying to do the "tutorial" for the ENP-2505 card. The card is
up after numerous hours of compiling and tweeking. So now I am ready for
some programming; I thought..

I tried to start with the Count_8_1 project. I follow the README in
$IXROOT/src/microace/aces/tutorial1 and use the workbench to build the
microACE. This results in a single .uof file, Count_8_1Gig.uof. I copy
this to the $IXROOT/bin/arm-be directory, then I run export
CONFIG=ARM_BE and make the code. I modify the ixsys.config file to use
interface 0-3 and mode=0, then I copy it to $IXROOT/bin/arm-be. That's
it.

The output when I run ./ixstart on the board outputs:
<snip>
ConfigureFBusInterface: ENP has 64Bit IXbus.
ConfigureFBusInterface: ENP has 64Bit IXbus.
ixconfig: Initialized Resource Manager
ixconfig: ix_task_init successful
ixconfig: Created OSSL thread
ixconfig: ix_res_open_sync successful
ixconfig: ix_ns_open_sync successful
ixconfig:  File ./SlowIngressCount.uof doesn't Exist or doesn't have
READ permission.
</snip>

I have searched all over for the file and the permissions are all set
correctly. Now, where can I find this file? What am I doing wrong. I
can't seem to run any other aces either. I tried the l3forward, but then
I only get ixconfig: Invalid port number 2, even though the config file
specifies the four first ports.

Can anyone help? Please! I've been sitting all day.

By the way sometimes the serial connection hangs during setup, after the
kernel is loaded. Is there a better way for rebooting the card than
rebooting the host?

In advance thanks..

--
Øyvind Hvamstad