[ixp1200] SA interrupt

Abhijeet Joglekar abhijeet at cs.utah.edu
Sun Mar 23 16:18:38 EST 2003

Shyamal,

I havent tried this, so dont know if it works or is correct.

As you suggested, try adding an interface UE_REGISTER_CALLBACK to
the ue.o driver which will multiplex all the register requests into a
single UENG_MSG_INT (ueng.h file) interrupt. Then ue.o can register
its own callback with mask as the logical OR of all the masks
requested of it. When a UENG_MSG_INT is recd., the generic callback
of the ue.o driver will demultiplex the interrupt into one of the user
processes which registered interest for that interrupt. (this could
be based on the mask that the process specified when it registered
with the ue.o driver). You could simplify things a bit by NOT allowing
applications to have overlapping masks.

Then u could use a mechanism similar to what ue.o uses to call
"breakpoint callbacks" in rs_udebug, to call your user-level
callbacks. (polling and read ioctl operations on the driver)

-- abhijeet