[ixp1200] Receive error from giga port

Wong Kim Sing wongks at i2r.a-star.edu.sg
Mon May 26 23:32:57 EDT 2003

Hi,

I had this problem of receiving error packet from the giga port, here is how the test go.

I had created some packets in the microengine, e.g.

move($$dxfer0, 0xfffffff1)
move($$dxfer1, 0xfffffff3)
move($$dxfer2, 0xfffffff5)
move($$dxfer3, 0xfffffff7)
move($$dxfer4, 0xfffffff9)
move($$dxfer5, 0xfffffffb)
move($$dxfer6, 0xfffffffd)
move($$dxfer7, 0xffffffff)

sdram[write, $$dxfer0, packet_buf_addr, 0, 4], ctx_swap

move($$dxfer0, 0xfffffff1)
move($$dxfer1, 0xfffffff3)
move($$dxfer2, 0xfffffff5)
move($$dxfer3, 0xfffffff7)
move($$dxfer4, 0xfffffff9)
move($$dxfer5, 0xfffffffb)
move($$dxfer6, 0xfffffffd)
move($$dxfer7, 0xffffffff)

sdram[write, $$dxfer0, packet_buf_addr, 4, 4], ctx_swap

And I send out this packet to the giga port using the "L3fw8_1.uc" microcode from intel reference design.

Result obtained as below:

19:21:03.445227 ff:f0:ff:ff:ff:f1 ff:ff:ff:f1:ff:ff ffff 116:

fff2 ffff fff5 ffff fff4 ffff fff5 ffff
fff6 ffff fff9 ffff fff8 ffff fff9 ffff
fffa ffff fffd ffff fffc ffff fffd ffff
fffe ffff fff1 ffff fff0 ffff fff1 ffff
fff2 ffff fff5 ffff fff4 ffff fff5 ffff
fff6

On the first row and the fifth row, it should be "fff3" and "fff5" respectively, but it become "fff2" and "fff4", there is one bit being modified.

And also from 2nd row onward,there is some duplication occur, the 2 words "ffff fff5" has been repeated two time in row 4 and row 6.

Is there anyone has this similar problem before or do you have any ideal of solving this, please send a email, thank you.

Mike Wong Kim Sing
R&D Engineer
Institute for  Communications Research
20 Science Park Road