[ixp1200] Help needed regarding programming the Strong Arm

David Mentre Mentre at tcl.ite.mee.com
Thu Jan 22 10:46:19 EST 2004

Hello,

> From: David Mentre [mailto:Mentre at tcl.ite.mee.com]

> But, do you really need a simulator? As far as I know, the
> main advantage of
> having a general purpose processor like the ARM core on the
> IXP processor is
> to be able to program with usual development tools (C, etc.).
> Why don't you
> program on x86 and then cross-compile towards your IXP1200 ARM target?

BTW, it reminds me that the Developer Workbench is able to execute Foreign
Models, and Intel provides versions of its API running with the simulator.
It should be possible to execute the C code running on the core as a model
interfaced with the simulator. I've not tested it however.

Yours,
d.
--
David Mentré <mentre at tcl.ite.mee.com> - Research engineer (Ph.D.)
Mitsubishi Electric ITE-TCL / European Telecommunication Research Lab