[ixp1200] Help needed regarding programming the Strong Arm

David Mentre Mentre at tcl.ite.mee.com
Thu Jan 22 03:38:15 EST 2004

Hello sharmila,

> From: sharmila radhakrishnan [mailto:shar_mila2002in at yahoo.co.in]

> Are there any
> simulators available for programming the Strong Arm and
> running them without hardware support ?

You'll find on the web several ARM simulators. I don't know however there
accuracy regarding StrongARM instruction set.

SimIT-ARM
http://www.ee.princeton.edu/~wqin/armsim.htm

ARM simulator in GDB:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/gdb.html

But, do you really need a simulator? As far as I know, the main advantage of
having a general purpose processor like the ARM core on the IXP processor is
to be able to program with usual development tools (C, etc.). Why don't you
program on x86 and then cross-compile towards your IXP1200 ARM target?

I hope it helps,
Yours,
d.
--
David Mentré <mentre at tcl.ite.mee.com> - Research engineer (Ph.D.)
Mitsubishi Electric ITE-TCL / European Telecommunication Research Lab