[ixp1200] Flash problem with ENP-2505

vinay kini kini at usc.edu
Mon Mar 15 04:54:05 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm a beginner using the ENP-2505, and have got myself into a strange (and
probably serious) problem.

I experimented with the reflash and reprogram commands in the System Monitor,
and one of them stopped midway. Now my flash is corrupt. I cannot even load
the System Monitor, Cygmon or VxWorks. When I try, there is no response at all
from the serial interface, everything just stops (and yeah, the LEDs also stop
blinking, which indicates a flash problem). Only the boot manager runs.

If I start the Flash Utility, and run FUtil.exe on Windows NT, FUtil
terminates saying "No recognized flash types found on board: C5 C5 C5 C5".
Please help! Is there a way to reprogram the whole flash? I believe the Flash
Utility on the board is still working (along with the Boot Manager).

Thanks,
Vinay