[ixp1200] 1K or 2K instruction cache?

Tim Stevens tim.stevens at intec.ugent.be
Mon Mar 15 11:27:43 EST 2004

Hi all,

We use a RadiSys ENP-2505 board and encounter a problem concerning the
microengine instruction cache size.
Each time we compile the code, the compiler complains that it doesn't fit
into the instruction memory (total size between 1K and 2K instructions),
while our RadiSys documentation states that we have a 2K instruction cache...
Does this mean that we have to set a specific compiler flag, or is one
instruction larger than one unit in the instruction cache (meaning that a
2K cache can only hold about 1K instructions)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Tim