[ixp1200] spread code over multiple microengines (using the ACE model)

Tim Stevens tim.stevens at intec.ugent.be
Mon Mar 15 11:36:07 EST 2004

Hi all,

Can anyone on this list provide me some details on how to spread code over
several microengines (e.g. one ingress ACE on ME1, one L3 component on ME2,
one egress component on ME3)? Until now, we have done everything on 2
microengines (when using the microACE framework, as presented in the
tutorial), but distributing the load over more MEs seems more appropriate
in the future.
The configuration file (ixsys.config) requires one chooses between ingress
or egress for each ace, but this is not suitable for the L3 component on
ME2 (previous paragraph). Any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Tim