[ixp1200] Where to run example programs of IXP1200 Programming book

dveluchamy at vsnl.net dveluchamy at vsnl.net
Sat May 8 09:10:32 EDT 2004

Hi Deepak,
   If you are just starting on ixp1200, then it is better to start with developer workbench. It is one of the best places to start testing ur ixp skills. It provides a very good environment to write, test and debug your code. Once you are done with it, then it is pretty simple to put it on the hardware(u can even do it from developer workbench - if you are using IXP12EB).

--- WRT IXA SDK 2.01 ---
If u are writing programs in microcode(microengine assembly lang) then u can install Dev WB on any Win OS. If u r trying something in microengine C, then u need to install it on Win NT(2k or XP will also do).

U don't need the IXP hardware if u r running programs in simulation mode.

All the best.

Regards,
D.Veluchamy
College of Engineering, Guindy,