[ixp1200] Problem with connecting host to IXP1200 board

Himanshu hps at ee.iitb.ac.in
Thu Dec 22 13:21:58 EST 2005

Hi all,

I have followed all the procedure given in the manual to connect the
host machine to the IXP1200 evaluation board. I am summarising the steps
taken by me:
1.Start ftp server
2.Starting hyperterminal and switch on the board
3.Let it boot with all the proper settings of ip and username/passwds
for vxworks image
4.Start Tornado and configure server
5.Launch the server
6.Ld < c:\ixp1200\vxworks_lib\VxWorks_Gig.o
7.NetApp_GigInit
8.Start Developer's workbench and open a project
9.Set hardware options and hardware debugging

All the above steps go pretty smoothly, but when i try to go in the
debugging mode, it gives the following error:

" error opening network connection to node 'target' "

where, "target" is the target server name i have configured. I have
checked for faulty cables, faulty adapters, proper jumper settings on
the board, etc. But i couldnt get through inspite of all being fine.
Previously, the board has been used to carry out hardware testing
successfully. This is the first time such an error is encountered.

Please show a way out if u have encountered such a problem and got thru.

Thanks in advance.

Himanshu
IIT Bombay.