[ixp1200] Re:Simulation Problems

Simon.O'Sullivan Simon.OSullivan at ul.ie
Tue Feb 8 08:58:44 EST 2005

Hello all,
I'm new to IXP1200 and am having problems simulating the program used in
chapter 5 of "IXP1200 Programming".I don't have the CD containing the
project but I downloaded the source files from Internet(so have to manually
set project settings in SDK which is probably the problem!!).In simulation
the IXP fails to receive any packets at all with the Rx buffer filling up
and the receive rate gradually decreasing to 0 Mbps.Here are the project
settings:
Ready Bus Sequencer Program: Rxrdy Mac 0, Txrdy Mac 0, NOP1, NOP1, NOP1,
NOP1, NOP1, NOP1, NOP1, NOP1, NOP1, NOP1.
Data Stream: 100 frames of length 38 of Ethernet IP assigned to Device 0
Port 0.
IX Device Bus Simulator is enabled.
Device is set to automatically receive packets on first clock cycle.
What am I doing wrong??
Regards,
Simon O'Sullivan.