[ixp1200] IXP1200 software installation

Malathi Panyam malathipanyam at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 9 13:06:02 EST 2005

Hello,
  I do not see IXP1200 family SDK in any of intel webistes.
http://www.intel.com/design/network/products/npfamily/sdk.htm

All other processors are given.

Any suggestions !

nitin makhija <makhija_nitin at rediffmail.com> wrote:

Hellow..
first thing u needde is a sdk(software development kit)...tht's the workbench where u can write ur programs for MicroEngine either in MicroCode or MicroEngineC..
u have to install this on the host processor, having windows XP or windows 2000..
Workbench has all the facilities for the simulation....
this u can get frm intel website...i exactly didn't know the url...search for it there..

then for moving on the the hw and core programming u need either a VxWorks or A embedded linux OS image to b downloaded on the Core processor.....i've just started the core part or rather tring to....

hope this can help a bit..

regards,
Nitin Makhija