[ixp1200] Re: need help

nitin makhija makhija_nitin at rediffmail.com
Tue Jan 18 12:24:08 EST 2005

Hi,
the way i have done this is i've a separate IXP1200 evaluation borad which i connect to teh windows2000 host system through PCI(com port) as werll as ethernet port (network), u can connect the target (IXP1200 board) with host(win2000) directly with a cross-over CAT5 cable or throgh normal procedure through ur network...

both these connections are required becoz...
1. Com port is basically for initial configuration , say to set up target and host ip, ftp username and passwd.
2. ethernet port is required to download the vxworks image to the IXP1200 board through an FTP connection..

so u also need to setup an ftp server in host machine...where u slect the boot image of vxworks, so that that can b downloaded in the target..

hope this may help a bit... i'll try to search some files which cd. help u...but currently tht wd b in LAB, so will send u tommarow..probably...

Btw where r u frm? which university....?? wht. kinda work is going on there,,,,and r intel personals supporting such work??

regards,
Nitin Makhija