[ixp1200] IXP1200 Evaluation platform - Cygmon

Malathi Panyam malathipanyam at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 23 20:44:16 EST 2005

Hi,

  I have tried the following steps to boot IXP1200 Evaluation platform.
  a) on Hyperterminal, set boot mode to Flash util mode.
  b) close hyperterminal.
  c) go the win98 machine and activate futil.exe
  d) enter the flash.img
  e) select cygmon.
  f) power on restart the system.
  g) on the hyperterminal, i get cygmon boot
  h) on cygmon prompt, set bo boot parameters to do the tftp of zimage and ramdsk_img.
  i) it successfully comes out of tftp of zImage.
  j) But it hangs after the file transfer from host for ramdsk_img.

Can anyone suggest why does the system hangs after ramdsk_img. Is there any mistake anywhere?

I am working on IXP1200 Ethernet Evaluation system.

Regards
Malathi