[ixp1200] Compuler Error (__mul_ not found)

tabrez rajani tabrez_rajani at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 04:05:45 EST 2005

Hello Everybody,

Firstly I would like to apologize for one too many
questions that I have already asked.I have a deadline
coming up, hence ...

I have a function in which I am using the hash_48
unit.A snippet of my code is :

        hashInputTmp.hash_lo32 = ip_32; // This is an
IP address
	hashInputTmp.hash_hi16 = ip_32 >> 16; // This is just
a filler and the values does not really matter
	hashInput = hashInputTmp;

However I get a compilation error for the following 3
lines of code :

hash_48(&hashInput, &hashOutput, 1, ctx_swap);
    hashIndex = hashOutput.hash_lo32 & 0xff;
	tableEntry = &(hashTableIP[hashIndex]);

(I have followed the same model as in Chapter 8/9) for
the hash.
Here if I comment out any of the above 3 lines , the
compilation error goes away. The error that I get is :

(0): error :  Function __mul_32 not found

I dont see any multiplication here , so I really cant
figure out what the problem is.

Looking forward to some feedback.

Regards,
Tabrez