[ixp1200] Simulation Error

tabrez rajani tabrez_rajani at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 16:04:19 EST 2005

Hello Everybody,

I am using the code (in MicroEngine C) for packet
reception. ME-0 is used solely for receiving the
packets and then enqueing them to the queue.

Now I am using ME-1 for some packet processing and
then it enqueues this packet again in another queue
from which ME-5 reads and transmits the packets.

However , in my code for ME-1 whenever I try to access
any memory ,(scratch,sram  or even local variables for
that matter) I get a simulation error.
For example I am using the function ixp_cycle_read();
If I comment this out , the simulator works.The error
that I get is as follows :

***** %E-ERROR at fbox cycle 545 in simulation
---------- (NOTE:  Execution will stop ASAP due to
error.):
Memory address, 007F8000, is out of bounds of "sdram"
array.
***** %W-WARNING:  Read of array, "sdram" at address:
007F8000
returns uninitialized data.
Simulation prematurely stopped due to error condition.

I do not understand why this shows up.I am not
accessing the sdram at
alll,except for enqueing the packets and dequeing
them.At no point am
I trying to access SDRAM memory at 007F8000.

 Do I have to change the build setting or something in
order for me to be able to access memory even from the
2nd or 3rd microengines.Are there some memory
configurations that I have to change?

I'd really appreciate it if somebody can let me know
what I am doing wrong.

Regards,
Tabrez.