[ixp1200] Migration of IXP12XX to IXP2XXX

Wong Kim Sing wongks at i2r.a-star.edu.sg
Mon Jun 13 03:37:43 EDT 2005

Hello David Mentre,

Thank you for your reply.

To clarify my question clearly:
Actually, we would like to get an IXP2XXX for our development project. But
due to the high cost and budget constraint, we had to reuse our resource
which is IXP1200. One way to do it is by developed our work on IXP1200 first
and later if we got the budget, we might migration our work over to the new
machine (IXP2XXX). I don't think we would like to rewrite the code from
scratch as this would waste our effort. It's possible to do so without
rewriting the code and still working in the same application?

Best regards,
Mike Wong