[talks] Speaker-Li Erran Li, Tomorrow, Sept 5

Emily Lawrence emilyl at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Sep 4 13:08:13 EDT 2018

Title: Machine Learning for Autonomous Driving: Recent Advances and Future Challenges

Li Erran Li, Pony AI

Wed Sept 5 12-1pm; Room 302 in CS building

(Pizza served before the talk, and the speaker expressed interest in talking to grads)

Abstract: Tremendous progresses have been made in applying machine learning to autonomous driving. However, there are fundamental challenges ahead. In this talk, I will present recent advances in applying machine learning to solving the perception, prediction, planning and control problems of autonomous driving. I will discuss key research challenges in learning more robust and abstract representations, scene understanding, behavior prediction, and decision-making in complex real-world scenarios.

Bio:

Dr. Li Erran Li is the chief scientist at Pony.ai and an adjunct professor at Columbia University. Most recently, he was with the perception team at Uber ATG. Before that, he was at Bell Labs. Dr. Li’s current research interests are machine learning, computer vision and learning-based robotics. Dr. Li has a PhD from the Computer Science Department at Cornell University. Dr. Li is an IEEE Fellow and an ACM Fellow.