[chuck-dev] Porting ChucK to OpenBSD

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 11:20:26 EDT 2008

Will Maier;

 How much of this interface needs to actually be
> implemented? I've been reading the code, and it seems that at least
> some of it could simply remain unsupported while still making ChucK
> at least somewhat usable.

Strictly speaking I don't think you need it at all to have a usable ChucK;
ChucK was fine before we had it.

Personally I'm a big fan of the Joystick HID interface; I find game
controllers to often be very expressive, inspirational in design and
relatively affordable compared to commercial controllers meant for music...
but you don't actually need any to ChucK.

I wouldn't make porting ChucK dependant on a complete HID game device
implementation. The one in ChucK is incomplete as well and doesn't (yet)
support HID output (for things like leds, rumble and force-feedback).

I hope that helps a bit.