[chuck-users] Stop Beeping at Me

Philip Davidson philipd at CS.Princeton.EDU
Sat Nov 12 07:53:49 EST 2005

Windows (XP at least)
control panel -> 'sounds and audio devices' -> 'sounds'
Choose the Sound Scheme, 'No Sounds'

This will stop _most_ system and system-oriented applications (MSVC6,
Word) from generating alert noises and the like. obviously you gotta
turn off iTunes yourself ( unless that is your livecoding software of
choice )

on that note, if anyone has suggestions on turning off popup and overlay
notification in windows entirely, please have at it.

Is there functionality (any platform) along the lines of an 'audio
firewall' that restricts soundcard access to a set of named or approved
applications?