[chuck-users] The ChucK Manual prerelease

eduard eduard.aylon at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 07:34:01 EST 2005

Hello all,

I think you have done a great job on writing the documentation,
however I have found that it is not "completely" up to date.
For instance, when I use impulse.value() I get an error like class
'impulse' has no member 'value'. The same for things like math.pi,
which now seems it's only pi. But both of them ( impulse.value() and
math.pi() ) appear in the documentation. These two examples are the
only ones I can remember now, but I think I found other ones in the
past, but not sure now.

I would find very useful to have more explicit examples for each
UGen, such as  writing an example in which you use all (or most of)
the members.
Also, I would give an interval, when possible, for the values they
can take and give a little explanation for each member depending on
the values they take. i.e:
.rate [0, inf)  a rate of 0 would mean blablabla and a rate of 2
would mean blablablabla

Explaining every member can be a bit redundant, but sometimes it is
not that clear how you can use them and what values make sense.

I hope this feedback is useful,

Thanks

Eduard