[chuck-users] ADSR modulation question

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 10:16:30 EDT 2006

> BTW: I can of course think of a lot of situations where this seperation
> of instrument/score (old csounder here) doesn't make sense, and I
> already use alot of that. But sometimes I just want to encapsulate that
> nice bassdrumm sound for reuse...

Yeah, I hear you.
I think you'll have to live with seeing a sporked shred that takes
care of the "controll-rate" for the envelope as a part of the patch.
It's just a few lines anyway.

That's what I do, I just spork some functions, then focus on the
controll stucture for the notes/beats/interface/whatever. To be
honest; I haven't been nearly as interested in synthesis as I've been
in controll structures for the notes lately. I just set up whatever
the sound needs, then leave it be, only returning to it to look up how
to hook new parameters to it.

That being said; having the sound intergrated with the controling
structure does have large advantages for expressive playing. Too many
abstraction layers make me feel like I'm wearing oven-mittens (I never
liked MIDI either).