[chuck-users] running chuck as a process with no terminal?

joerg piringer joerg at piringer.net
Wed Nov 15 17:29:17 EST 2006

altern wrote:
> ok here you are some info : I am working in two levels, on the one hand
> i am part of this project to develop experimental interfaces for music .
> www.ixi-software.net
> as a part of that we have been developing over the last couple of years
> a python graphic toolkit to create our applications, this is the result
> so far http://www.ixi-software.net/mirra
> It uses pygame by default but in a second step of the development I want
> to be able to have a opengl canvas in a specific area of the application
> and have normal wxpython GUI elements such as buttons, menus, drag and
> drop etc... This is where i am now.

ah!
we've met in bergen a couple of weeks ago, did we?
i was presenting my text software...

> Up to now i was working on PD for the sound engine using OSC to
> communicate. But recently I decided to give a go to ChucK as I was
> frustrated with some issues on PD. Since I discovered the joys of ChucK
> I am working towards integrating Mirra+ChucK, this is the application i
> am developing at the moment where I am testing the whole system.
> http://devel.goto10.org/svn/ixi/python/slicer
> The chuck patch is in the data folder, not very complex stuff yet.
> Hopefully once I get the wxpython right again (it was ok but stopped
> working at some point) it will have a menu, status bar and importing
> dialogues. And again all this has to work in all platforms ...

i was already tempted to rewrite OSCSurface in wxPython as i am really
fed up with c++, but i am not sure if it's worth the effort as there's a
winXP version of miniAudicle now.

trying out your code i failed because python couldn't import "tools".
a quick websearch didn't reveal anything specific to "python and tools".

best
joerg

--
http://joerg.piringer.net