[chuck-users] "playing" chuck

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue May 29 15:18:46 EDT 2007

On 5/29/07, Josh Lawrence <hardbop200 at gmail.com> wrote:

> hello all,

Hi Josh!

> I'm looking for what I'm calling a "text synth", that is a synthesizer
> that runs completely independent of any gui and can be played from my
> midi keyboard.  I really like what chuck can do, but I can't figure
> out if it is capable of being played from a keyboard (midi).

That's easy. It's a simple question, a simple wish and a simple answer as
well; in your chuck directory there should be a dir called /examples/midi/
and this contains examples about how to deal with MIDI.

That should get you started, at least.

I've seen this question a few times now, maybe that means there should be
more in the docs/manual about using MIDI traditionally.

And yes; everything you mentioned is well within the realm of posibility.

Happy ChucKing,