[chuck-users] .cap() for multi-dimensional arrays

Mark Pauley mpauley at mac.com
Wed Oct 3 11:23:59 EDT 2007

In some languages (like C) multi-dimensional arrays do need to be
rectangular.  This is because it's really just one big array.  i.e.
If you

int foo[2][3];

you're doing exactly the same as

int foo[6];

except that the compiler will do a bit of sugar for you and multiply
your outer index by the inner array size and add it to your inner index.

In java this is not the case because each index into your outer array
is infact a ref to an array object.

_Mark