[chuck-users] spork ~ { } => big crash.

Robin Davies robin.davies at quest.com
Tue Sep 4 15:38:15 EDT 2007

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. Whether it supposed to work or
not, I'm guessing that it shouldn't crash.

Found in: miniaudicle 0.1.3.7.

This works:

    spork ~ DelayedNoteOff(duration);

This causes a crash. (In fact, anything with a { } following "spork ~"
crashes.:

fun void Play(float note, float velocity, Dur duration)
{
    spork ~
    {
        duration => now;
        instr.noteOff(0.6);

Trying to execute any ensemble that includes this fragment causes
miniaudicle to exit with a fatal error.

If it's a bug, and if there's a bug tracking system, let me know, and
I'll log full and exact details. The language spec is ambiguous about
whether this is legal or not. But I could have sworn that this worked in
previous builds (if for no other reason than that I liked the idea so
much that I was tempted to swipe the idea for a language of my own).

Robin Davies
Lead Software Developer
Quest Web Reports
Quest Software
613.270.1569

Identity Management for the Windows Enterprise
<http://wm.quest.com/reg/marketing/landing/identitymanagement/> : See
how Quest helps you leverage your existing investment to solve the
identity management challenge!