[chuck-users] The ChucK Show

Adam Hoyle adam.lists at dotankstudios.com
Thu Apr 9 07:01:17 EDT 2009

Hey Les,

Currently listening to the Chuck show and enjoying what I hear :-) I
also vote for keeping the live vibe - embrace the chaos ;-)

Anyway, inspired I have bundled up my half finished attempt at making
a dance sequencer of sorts. I made it last xmas while I was staying at
my inlaws, and so far have never managed to find/make the time to
finish it off/take it further. I was going to start a generative dance
band (with the singer's voice mashed up through a chuck patch), but
then I realised that the 2 other bands/acts and running a company and
having a young child takes enough of my time already - ah well, maybe
one day...

After the "conductor" patch is fired off, each patch is contextualised
as a track with some locked-sequencing and some randomness, the idea
being that the track patches would be added/removed on the fly by the
performer. The drum samples are shamelessly ripped from one of the
example files that comes with mini Audicle, and I really should
replace them with a decent drum n bass kit, but that would mean I'd
never actually send the file off lol.

Anyway, enough excuses...