[chuck-users] Compiling Chuck for Debian (was: Question about unit analyzers)

David dfkettle at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 13:11:35 EDT 2009

Actually, I downloaded the old version from one of the Debian
repositories. I guess they don't have the latest version of Chuck yet.
If someone has already gone to the trouble of compiling the latest
version for Debian, maybe they could just send it to the Debian folk.
I'm not sure what the process is for adding a package to a repository.

I've compiled small programs of my own before, but I'm kind of
reluctant to try building something like Chuck, because of the time,
and the need to install any dependencies. I'm running Xandros
(Debian-based) on an ASUS eeePC, and from what I understand, it's an
old version of Debian, so I might have to install a newer version of
gcc, and I don't know what else.

I tried the ALSA version of Chuck that you sent me but got an error
message about a missing DLL (don't remember which one, and I'm not at
home right now so I can't check).

Anyway, thanks for all your help. Maybe I'll have some time on the
weekend to try downloading the source and compiling it.